This page is a resource for the many recordings from Monsignor Chet Michael’s talks. We will be adding more audio recordings throughout 2016.
CD’s NOW AVAILABLE!
- The Holy Spirit (Recorded in 2000)
- A Call to Holiness & Wholeness
- Jungian Psychology and Religion
- Spiritual Direction: Volume I
- Spiritual Direction: Volume II
- Different Levels of Faith
- Journey of Faith
- Beatitudes and Sermon on the Mount Retreat
- Prayer and Temperament (audio)
- Cursillo Spiritual Directors’ Talks
- What Did Jesus Say and Do?
- A Retreat on the Lord’s Prayer
Contact us to purchase CDs at:
The Open Door, Inc.
P.O. Box 855
ONLINE STORE now OPEN
We now are offering the audio CDs listed above as affordable downloads of MP3 files for only $5.00 per CD. You can make these purchases with our secure PayPal system. We will be adding more recordings — check back soon. Proceeds go to benefit the non-profit Open Door Ministry.
FREE Audio track of each recording
1) Beatitudes and The Sermon on The Mount – Discipleship (Go to the Store to get the additional 11 audio files) In this audio, Msgr. Chet Michaels discusses each of “the eight best beatitudes that describe the worldview of Jesus.” With each of the beatitudes, he provides a modern interpretation that “gives us the model one needs to follow as disciples of Jesus Christ.” This is “the way we must try to live our life on earth.” He further shares his belief that “the beatitudes are paradoxical with truth that flies in the face of conventional wisdom, yet they give a practical method for shaping our lives and destinies into the holiness and wholeness we long for and seek.” Quotes adapted from – A Christian Worldview, Rev. Msgr.Chester P. Michael, S.T.D. 2002. Twelve half-hour talks make up the MP3 recording to download with this product.
2) Prayer and Temperament – Introduction (Go to the Store to get the additional 6 audio files). In this audio, Msgr. Chet Michaels provides in depth discussion on different types of prayers and how they are affected by individual temperament types based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. These prayer types and individual temperament types are more fully discussed in Msgr. Michael and Marie Norrisey’s book, Prayer and Temperament, 1991. (This book is available on Amazon) The audio discusses Lectio Divina, Ignatian Prayer, Augustian Prayer, Tomistic Prayer, Franciscan Prayer and Liturgical Prayer. “By practicing all of the methods of prayers,one will discover the particular method or methods that best fit one’s temperament and personality. The recommendation is that one should use all types of prayer to create a proper balance in our prayer life and in our relationship with God.” Adapted from Prayer and Temperament, 1991, Michael and Norrisey. This product includes 6 one-hour talks which are MP3 audio files which are downloaded upon purchase.
3) Spiritual Direction Volume 1 – What is Spiritual Direction (Go to store for additional 11 audio files) In Spiritual Direction, Volume 1, Msgr. Chester Michael describes why spiritual direction is important and who might benefit from the practice. He also outlines the qualities of a good spiritual director and discusses the role the Holy Spirit in Spiritual Direction. Further, Msgr. Michael presents a discussion on the sacraments as sources of Grace, using the bible as prayer and varying levels of faith. This audio CD is an excellent resource for practicing spiritual director but also provides an outline for someone who might be interested in personal spiritual direction. This product includes 12 half-hour talks which are MP3 audio files which are downloaded upon purchase.
4) Spiritual Direction Volume 2 – many more details and resources for spiritual direction (Go to store for additional 11 tracks). In Spiritual Direction, Volume 2, Msgr. Chester Michael talks about the history and adds more tools for meaningful spiritual direction. This audio CD is an excellent resource for practicing spiritual director but also provides an outline for someone who might be interested in personal spiritual direction. This product includes 12 half-hour talks which are MP3 audio files which are downloaded upon purchase.
5) Holy Spirit (Go to store for additional 11 tracks). Msgr. Chester Michael describes the importance of the Holy Spirit in your life. This audio CD is an excellent resource for finding the spiritual gifts of The Holy Spirit and how to apply them in practicing the faith. This product includes 12 half-hour talks which are MP3 audio files which are downloaded upon purchase. Following is first MP3 track “Who is the Holy Spirit”
6) Jungian Psychology (Go to store for additional 11 tracks). In this series of 12 half-hour talks. Monsignor Chester Michael teaches about the psychology of Carl Jung and how to apply it in your life and in spiritual direction.
7) Cursillo Directors Talks (Go to store for additional 12 Tracks). Monsignor Chester Michael offers advice and encouragement in leading Cursillo for spiritual direction. (Track 1: God’s Friendship)
FREE Audio: Monsignor Chet Michael talks entitled A Call To Holiness & Wholeness
In this free audio series, Msgr. Chet Michael, shares his thoughts and call to action on our journey from Wholeness to Holiness. Each 30 minute talk covers one in-depth topic from the series including: Hope and Trust and God, How to Discover God’s Will to The Daily Growth Plan. Whether listening to one segment or many, Msgr. Michael’s words will challenge and inspire you.
Happiness in Life Part 1
Happiness in Life Part 2
Stages of Growth Part 1
Stages of Growth Part 2
Mission of Christ & Mission of the Church
Hope & Trust in God
The Little Way
Pathways Through the Third Mansion
Personal Growth Plan
Personal Prayer Life
A Balanced Life
How to Discover God’s Will
Audio: Monsignor Chet Michael Homily from October 03, 2004 entitled Increase Our Faith
Open Door is currently working on bringing more mp3 recordings for sale at a very reasonable price. (details coming)